Saturday, July 10, 2010

South Dakota Vacation Day 2

Day Two: The Badlands

I apologize if this takes forever to load on your computer-I had too many good photos to share!

I LOVE it when blogs have big photos. If you are going to go through all the work to post a photo, why not make it big? It was probably the biggest breakthrough of my blogging career when I finally figured out how to make a photo big. Yay!

I was pretty excited to drive through the Badlands. We had cruised through here when I was on my trip with my brother and grandparents but it was storming the night we went through so I didn't actually get to see too much.

It was so much fun to take pictures! I saw a lot of cool cameras and tripods from other tourists and I was jealous. I was also jealous of the people climbing around on the rocks, but we will have to wait to do that when we are not hauling around an 8 month old.
Real men wear babies.


I took this panorama using autostitch. I love how they turn out! I think if you click on the photo you can see a bigger version of it. Yes...bigger! :o)

Also a word of advice: if you ever go on a South Dakota vacation, the majority of your time will be spent driving around. It took us a couple of hours to drive through the park and at one point we ran into some road construction, hence the killing time photos!


Mountain goats!
Or sheep? Rams? Anyone? I have no idea.

I loved the badlands! What a wonder of the world! Can you imagine finding this if you were an early American explorer? Would that just blow your mind or what?

Our next stop was at Sturgis!

We saw all these people buzzing around town on little scooters and we thought it was kind of odd. We thought maybe there was a place you could rent them in town?


We were wrong! There was a Cushman rally going on and everyone brought their scooters to show off!




We had a lot of fun checking out all of the bikes. Isn't it fun when you have little surprises on your vacation?

We also had a stop-over in Rapid City for a quick lunch and then we headed to our campground for the night! It was a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails