Wednesday, July 21, 2010

As tall as the grass grows...



My green and white grass is so beautiful right now. It is also the tallest and biggest it has ever been! This is not really a very good reference picture, but here it is after I planted it in 2008:


If you can get past my monster sweet potato vines (that was during my "plant anything and see how it grows" phase), you can see how teeny tiny that grass was. I thought it wouldn't even make it past that first summer and now it is one of my favorite plants!

Gosh, I can NOT get over that huge sweet potato vine!

That summer I bought a flat of probably 20 plants and just planted them all around my yard. It was borderline ridiculous, but I really did get lots of comments on how beautiful it was. I only planted a few this year, mostly because I haven't been able to find it! :o( They are not doing well, mostly because I think something is eating them!

1 comment:

  1. That grass is tall, I like how you did the before and after shot.

    I loved reading your vacation post. It looked amazing. I Especially loved all the wildlife photos, the bison were too cool.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails