Monday, July 5, 2010

4th of July Recap


Happy 5th of July!

We decided to take a little trip back to my hometown for the weekend to hang out with my family. We had a great time!

Here are some of the highlights:

Saturday in the Park

Scott and I left Michael with mom and dad and we headed to the 20th annual Saturday in the Park music fesitival in Sioux City. It was a beautiful day and the music was great!




However, beautiful day + free event = a ton of people!! We just had to find a spot in the shade and hang out. This is our view of the stage:




See it?

It's like a Where's Waldo photo.




We stopped a bit closer to the stage before we left to catch the last bit of Santana's act. We also saw Steve Winwood and Michael Franti who I thought was great!

Michael had tons of fun playing at his grandma and grandpa's house. They have lots of kitties!




Even baby ones!



On Sunday, we headed to Bronson for the annual family tradition of attending the parade!



We got to see my sister Denise on her float as county fair queen.

Here's a fun fact for you: The first time Scott ever came home with me was when I was in the Bronson parade....only
seven short years ago. Yeesh, we are old!!


Of course, Denise looked beautiful as ever. Don't you wish you were 18 again?

(photo from siouxcityjournal.com)


Here is a great picture of our family that I also found at siouxcityjournal.com. My dad just called to tell me it was on the front page of the paper today!

YIKES!

I hope your holiday was a great one also!


2 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails