Friday, January 15, 2010

Michael vs. the Bottle

First of all, look at this sweet little face!!


This has been a rough week at our house. After Tuesday's rough day at daycare, we decided to have bottle bootcamp at our house on Wednesday to try and get Michael to take the dreaded and feared bottle. The morning was pretty rough; he would fuss and cry and we'd have to give it a couple of tries before he would latch on. Gradually as the day went on, he would accept the bottle more and more willingly until he took it right away and went to sleep when Scott gave him his final bottle of the day. Finally, success! I can't tell you how much of a relief it was!!

A relief, yes-but also it made me a little sad. He doesn't even need me anymore! He doesn't even like to gaze up at me when he's taking a bottle!

Why do I have to feel so guilty for every thing I do as a parent. I stay home and I feel guilty because he isn't getting used to being in someone else's care. I feel guilty I am not making more money. I go to work and I feel guilty that I am leaving him in someone else's care. I feel guilty that I am not doing a better job of keeping our home neat because I am out of the house all day. I am breastfeeding to try and give my baby what people say is best, and I feel guilty because no one else can feed him. I teach him to take a bottle, and I feel guilty because maybe he is losing out on bonding time.

Argh!!!! Why do we do this to ourselves? Why can't we just stop with the mommy guilt?

3 comments:

  1. Three cheers for Michael catching on to the bottle. Many more cheers for Mom, you are doing a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there Rose, you are such a great Mom! I can certainly relate, I am only 3 weeks in and find myself with similar thoughts. We are going to introduce the bottle this weekend so my husband can help with feedings. I feel guilty about it even though I can really use the help.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails