Friday, November 27, 2009

Giving Thanks!

Happy Thanksgiving!


Gosh, we have so much to be thankful for this year. Michael, family, friends, security and happiness. It has been a great year and we are blessed beyond means. Hopefully we will be able to share some of these blessings with others during the next few weeks and beyond!

We had a great holiday at our house! It was just the three of us at home celebrating which was very relaxing and special.

Scott even got all of our Christmas lights up and working! Kudos to him for actually realizing there are differences between indoor and outdoor electrical accessories. I had no idea! If it were up to me to rig it all up, our trees would be on fire the minute we flipped the switch.



The power center of our lighted christmas tree forest.



We bundled Michael up and brought him outside with us in his stroller. He looked SO cute in his little snowsuit! Can you believe this was the coldest day this fall so far?




He is so cute when he wears mittens because he doesn't quite know what to do with his hands. It reminds me of when you put clothes on a little puppy dog and they don't really know what to think!


We ended the afternoon with a nice meal-my first Thanksgiving I have prepared all by myself! We had fried turkey cutlets a la Rachel Ray and a very delicious cornbread stuffing with a recipe I found on foodnetwork.com. We also had mashed red potatoes, butternut squash, and green bean casserole.




I hope your holiday was just as great as ours!


1 comment:

  1. Hey there...looks like you did awesome there on that Thanksgiving dinner! No one will even LET me cook since I am so bad! That has its perks too :)
    Now that your hubby put up all those lights you do need some of those glasses to lok at them! My mom got them at Bachman's I don't even know if that is nationwide but I think gift shops would have them & here is an address where I got where i found some online-I can't figure out how to make it a link her but i will add this link to my post:

    http://www.3dglassesonline.com/holidayspecs.com.html

    hope you find some!

    Hope you

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails