Friday, July 19, 2013

InstaFriday


Happy Friday! I can't believe it is already Friday again. These last few weeks of summer are flying by and I have a feeling school will be here before we know it! Ah! 

Have you downloaded the smilebox app to your phone yet? It is a fun app that lets you customize your photos with words and borders. You can then import them into instagram or facebook or twitter. It is lots of fun to play with!

Last Saturday, I spent the evening playing at the Iowa Municipal Band Festival. Our community band has great support and it is nice to teach in a community where band music is appreciated. One of my student's dad's plays in the band and he said she wants her to practice hard so she can join when she is older. I say heck yeah- I will probably still be there! :o)


Speaking of teaching...my normal Monday set up as I wait for students to get to their lessons. I just realized my clock was five minutes slow and everyone was getting out late. :o( Luckily, my afternoon flies by and most kids get in and get done early. It has been a very successful summer program! 

The other day there was a quick little shower that passed over us and after it was done Michael said, "I wonder if there will be a rainbow!" so he ran to the window and sure enough, there was. Then he said I better hurry "because it might not last long!". And he was right, it sure didn't.  I asked him if he could see all the colors and he said, "kind of only...pink and yellow?".

And finally, we checked going to Krispy Kreme off our summer list yesterday. It is a pretty fun store and you can watch them make the donuts. They were good in that way fresh donuts always are. I don't think we'll make this a habit but it was fun for a morning out. I think you need to get there before 9a.m. if you want to see them still cranking out donuts. 

Have a great weekend! 

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun and eventful week with Adventureland and Krispy Kreme!

    I love the smilebox app you're using. I've been looking to find a fun one, and maybe that one will be it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your rainbow picture! So pretty, at least one good thing comes from all your rain! Mmmm Krispy Kreme...
    Found you through InstaFriday link up :)
    Whitney @ work-it-mommy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun. All the sinkin time!! You guys are having a great summer!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails