Tuesday, July 24, 2012

John & Meredith part 2

I just had to do one more post of photos from our big wedding weekend. These are the "outtakes" from the rehearsal and other weekend fun things. We just had the best time. 

 

How sweet are these? We met before the rehearsal to do some informal family portraits even though it was a bazillion degrees out. I just think the two kids are so cute!! 

I also had to include some of the actual rehearsal with the bride. I have a picture of me from my wedding where I look really similar and remember that I was about ready to burst into tears at any moment- it is so nerve wracking for the bride! (although Meredith was wonderful!)
 
My parents came to my house the day before the rehearsal so we could get things in order. My mom made all these sweet little mason jar vases with wire frogs inside so we could arrange flowers easily in them. I thought they turned out so cute! We ordered sturdy white and yellow mums from HyVee and then supplemented with yellow zinnias, black eyed susans, and Queen Anne's lace from my yard. They really perked the rehearsal dinner space up! 

The rehearsal dinner was held at the Junction in Delta and I had a great time. It was a nice big room with very friendly help who encouraged us to eat more from the buffet... my type of place!!


We had a few hours Saturday morning to goof off and try and wear Michael out so he could take a nap before the wedding so we hit up the local park. We had a blast and it was nice to spend time as a whole family playing. I so often forget that going to the park with Michael is something we do together most days but a treat for Scott. 

I was so lucky to get to have my aunt Karen come visit my home on Friday before we left for the wedding festivities. She is battling cancer and is a very strong woman and I am so proud of her. She looked really beautiful and of course took the requisite portrait with my kitty. I'm so glad we got to spend some time together.

It was such a good weekend overall of seeing family and friends and I have lots of happy memories. It was so lovely. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails