Monday, July 11, 2011

Friends Weekend Wrap Up

Warning...photo heavy post ahead! I briefly considered breaking it up into several posts but then I realized that would also be more work and heck, these days I am all about taking the path of least resistance. So here you go!

We had a fun filled weekend hanging with friends from out of town and few from in town. It is so funny how most of us have kids now. Where has time gone? Life has such a crazy way of changing on us.



Group photo...should be a requirement for any friend gathering!



Trace cheesin' for the camera.

Saturday morning the women folk and babies spent a few hours at the zoo while the boys went golfing. It was HOT and busy but we had a good time. I love how you can take a loop around the zoo and see pretty much everything in just a few hours. But even saying that, this time I saw new things even though I've been there a lot so I guess you never know.




Baby friends! So many strollers at the zoo on a Saturday...it was like a little stroller parade.



Trace was such a good baby the whole morning and slept the whole time in the stroller. This is a first- usually I can only get about 30 minutes out of him before I have to carry him in a wrap. It was a good day to not have to carry him because I was sweaty enough the way it was.




Doesn't Michael's little hat make him look like he's on safari?






Three hot and tired kiddos!





Such a sweetie! I love his chubby little ravioli hands.




Saturday night we hung out around the house playing bags and BBQ-ing. We had some awesome mojitos and sangria and it was really fun- low key and laid back, just the way I like it.



Guess who forgot to wear sunscreen on the golf course? Love you, honey!



Attempt #1 at a group photo. We probably could have stood closer to the camera! :o)



Ping-ponging. These guys got skills!



Sunday morning the guys and I got up early and headed out to the lake. It looked like a storm was going to hit but it luckily it just missed us. It made for some cool photos- I love the gray.










Fun fact: this was the first time I've ever seen my husband waterski (usually he wakeboards). So funny!





After skiing, we headed home for a big breakfast/brunch and hung out for a bit before people headed out. The weekend seemed to go way too fast!





It was a great weekend and I'm glad everyone put up with the chaos that occurs in our house with a toddler and a newborn.

Hopefully we can do it again sometime soon!


2 comments:

  1. that is so cool that your friends also have little ones and you can get together for 'field trips.' those water-action shots are perfect! i love trace's new smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe how big Trace is already! Love the photos, looks like an amazing time!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails