Thursday, July 7, 2011

4th of July Weekend: Fireworks and Parade

We rounded out our holiday weekend with fireworks, a BBQ and a parade. It was nice to keep it low key and close to home!

We went to the parade after eating a little dinner at my aunt and uncle's house. They live just a few blocks from the start of the parade so it worked out well. It wasn't even too hot or humid!

However, we weren't prepared for the massive crowds of candy-hungry children that awaited us!



I'm not going to lie, Michael was pretty jazzed about the candy.

He even found this awesome candy receptacle for all his loot:





We also had a BBQ and bonfire at our house. It was a beautiful night and we had lots of fun.






We also celebrated my brother's 30th birthday. Yeah, I know. It means I'm getting older too!



Michael was not a fan of the fireworks and was screaming his head off. The poor guy, I felt so bad for him. When do kids start to like fireworks?



Happy Fourth of July! Here's to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails