Friday, April 29, 2011

Friday Updates

This post is going to be a little bit of a mish-mash, so hang in there with me.

It is so beautiful outside today! The sun is shining and the temperature is warm. Michael and I had a great time at the zoo this morning with some friends and now he is taking a nice nap. Perfection!

I had another OB appointment this morning, and everything is looking great. I have been having some contractions, but nothing to worry about. The doc said if I were to go into labor they would not stop it, so I guess that is good news. I'm not anticipating this happening anytime soon, though. :o) I will have two more appointments and then it will be the big day! We still don't have a time for the surgery, but I'm sure we will get that information at some point here in the next couple of weeks. My blood pressure is doing great; it is such a blessing to not have to worry about it constantly. I can feel the baby getting bigger every day and I'm curious to see if it will be as big as Michael (9 lbs)!

We are making progress on getting things ready for baby- I currently have 12 freezer meals done and a few more I want to make. We still need to get out all the newborn clothes and put them away in the dresser that still needs to be moved upstairs. I am hoping this will happen next weekend? We bought a ton of D batteries and now we just need to put them in our swing and bouncer and make sure everything works. I've been getting packages of things daily from amazon.com of little things I need so that is exciting.

This next week is "yard work week" and even though I am
severely scaling back the amount of planting I am doing, I still have some things that need to go in the ground. I have lots of plants that need to be split but I am feeling so irrational these days with pregnancy hormones that I don't trust myself to do anything to them.

We have a busy weekend here with both my sister and Scott's brother's family visiting and Scott's parents dropping by to drop some stuff off on their way to Omaha today and Sunday. I hope it all works out well, we are going to keep things pretty low key. I am just crossing my fingers that we can work a trip to Hickory Park (my favorite BBQ place) into the schedule!

Have you been watching the Royal Wedding coverage? I have about 10 hours of it
DVR-ed that I need to get through sometime. Such a historical event!

1 comment:

  1. Hickory Park is so amazing! I haven't been there since my sister graduated from ISU.

    Do you know if you are having another boy? I forget if you've mentioned it before on the blog.

    Enjoy the beautiful weather this weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails