Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Snow afternoon

Michael and I are home early today because of an early out due to snow! We are hunkered down and ready to stay inside for a while. I have a feeling this storm is going to get a lot worse before it gets better!

The roads home from school were not great. Lots of blowing snow and drifting in the roads. We had a huge drift in our driveway that I thought I could gun through with my Prius. And...that was a no-go. I was totally stuck in a drift up to my waist. Luckily, I got Michael inside and down for a nap and got myself dug out. Afterwards, I enjoyed a sandwich and a nice nap! Shoveling is hard work!

Michael has just started saying, "uh-oh!" and makes this face:



Too cute.

We've been having lots of fun reading our library books, but they are due tomorrow! I hope we can get out of the house to make a quick run to get some more.






I love being home with my blue-eyed guy! Hopefully we can stay nice and cozy tonight and survive this winter storm!



1 comment:

  1. I got stuck halfway up my driveway tonight too!! Holy snow drifts! I was gone for an hour and our driveway was practically knee deep in places when I got back.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails