Thursday, January 13, 2011

Baby #2 Update

I feel like I kind of sprung the #2 announcement on you guys as a little surprise and haven't provided many details since. I hope to start doing a weekly update with pregnancy progress, but here is a little back story.

I had just started my new full time working schedule when I felt like something was off. I was really crabby, tired, and had a headache every day. At first I thought it was just my lazy butt getting used to being at school so much but then there was that little thought in the back of my mind like....
I think I might be pregnant. So sure enough, I was! I feel like once you have been pregnant before, there are no mistaking those feelings. When we were trying for Michael, every day I thought every little thing might mean I was pregnant but this time I just knew. Mother's intutition, maybe?

So this week I am 21 weeks along and we have our big ultrasound tomorrow. I am pretty excited, although it is hard to believe we are over halfway through. I am going to have a repeat C-section delivery and we'll pick a date so I'll deliver at 39 weeks. My OB is very supportive of VBAC's, but she said there just wasn't enough time between pregnancies to make it more of a reality so I'm fine with the repeat c-section. The good news is that right now (barring a ton more snow days) my 39th week is also the last week of school. So I won't have to take any time off and just come back at the beginning of the new year!

I've been feeling pretty good. I've had some weird stomach things going on in the beginning but I figured it was probably better than being really hungry all the time. This is the first month that I've gained weight and I'm trying to do a better job of eating healthy this time around. I've also felt more energized than I did with Michael, but usually I hit the hay around 8:30 every night instead of doing an afternoon nap.

Michael is such a fun guy and we love him so much. I can't imagine how much more love and happiness is going to be in our lives with another baby in the house. We can't wait! :o)

Thanks so much for all your kind thoughts and words!

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails