Monday, November 26, 2012

Thanksgiving


I feel like I am a little behind here....most people are already posting pictures of their gorgeous trees and homes decked out for Christmas!! However, I feel like I am just getting put back together again after hosting Thanksgiving dinner. It always seems to take me a few days and since today was back to reality and back to school I figured I should get everything up on the blog, too. 

Everything with Thanksgiving dinner went really well. It was a nice day and I think everyone had a great time. The food was awesome and the turkey turned out perfect. Our whole house smelled like rosemary and sage....yum! The only thing I wish was different was that I felt so tired after all the prep work that I took a nap in the afternoon instead of hanging out with my family. I was a worried mess the night before and didn't sleep a wink....terrible, right? I don't know why I get that way. 


My favorite dishes were the sweet potato casserole and cornbread stuffing- both new recipes for me. So yummy!  I'm also happy I got to use every piece of my fiesta ware serving dishes....practically every wedding gift we had got used on this holiday!


I hope your Thanksgivings were also lovely and beautiful. Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL! Looks like it was straight out of a magazine!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Your food and 'tablescape' looks amazing! No wonder you lost sleep : ), and I'm sure everyone was overstuffed at the end of the holiday! I've never tried cornbread stuffing, but it sounds tasty. Have a good week, Rose.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails