Tuesday, November 13, 2012

30!


This past weekend I celebrated my 30th birthday. It was a weekend early, but I wanted to celebrate when my friends were in town for the ISU game and it just so happened that we landed on an early game time so we had time to rest up and go out again at night. 

I was really wishy washy on celebrating my birthday because it just doesn't seem right that this is my second birthday I am celebrating without Trace. It is hard to watch the little ticks on my timeline go by, especially the ones after he was here...it just seems like a painful reminder. But, all things aside I was feeling in good spirits as Scott and I decided on going out to eat with a group of friends and then heading out to a local wine bar later. It was a total blast and I had such a good time. 

We went to Taki Japanese Steakhouse in West Des Moines and Scott and I treated everyone to some sushi and saki bombs. It was really fun! I think Michael actually had the most fun of all....it is a great place for kids!


 Afterwards we headed to New Morning Wine Tavern in Grimes for wine and beer (and coffee!). They had a little band playing and it was a fun atmosphere. It was so nice to hang out with friends and family in a venue other than our tailgate tent or football stadium. Thank you all for coming to celebrate with me and I am so happy to have you in my life! You are the best!

1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday! I celebrated my 30th a few weeks back. Its strange to celebrate these birthdays when there's that someone missing. Just that it'll never feel quite complete.

    Not trying to be Debbie Downer on you! Ha, sorry! I hope the next 30+30+more years are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails