Monday, September 13, 2010

Day 1 Down

Well, I survived my first day as a long term sub. It was a big surprise this morning to hear the news that the lady I am subbing for went into labor two weeks early. I was so not ready to start my week this way!

All in all, it went fine. I had a lot of really great students and for a day jam packed of first lessons, everything went really smoothly. It is so funny to think back my time in college when I had to write out a 20 page lesson plan about how to do a first lesson on an instrument and now I can just whip them out like it is no big deal. I even taught a horn lesson today which I hardly ever do. I played along with the kid and I was pretty impressed with myself.

Time and experience are funny things, aren't they?

Only 11 weeks and 4 days to go! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails