Monday, August 3, 2009

Weekend Wrap-Up + New Baby Things!

Ugh. Mondays are hard! I don't know what it is, but both today and last Monday I have been very sluggish and unmotivated. We had a very busy weekend, so I'm blaming it on that. Or maybe it is just a case of the Mondays? Scott encouraged me to see if I can work this school year on Mondays and Wednesdays because he thinks that will get the week off to a good start. Otherwise if you are home on Mondays, it kind of seems like just another weekend day. Makes sense!

At any rate, here was our weekend:

Friday night: I got up early and garage saled! Lots of good deals! Scott played two softball games in Polk City so I went along and watched. It was a beautiful night...a little chilly even! His team even hit a couple of home runs, which was pretty exciting.

Here's some of my garage sale goods:

I picked up a ton of sleep sacks and swaddlers and some jammies as well. They are all fairly gender neutral and should be good sizes to get us through the winter. All the sellers said their babies loved them!


This is not a garage sale find, but a craigslist purchase. 5 kissaluv size 0's and 2 bummis covers for $40! I thought it was a good deal, they are in great shape and I was just on the verge of ordering some new ones for about $12 each.


And...a Fisher-Price nature's touch swing! It can swing side to side and front to back. And in great shape!

Here's the best part:



It is almost identical to the one I registered for, which was selling for about $150! What a steal! I was very excited.

Saturday: Scott worked in the a.m. and then we got started on painting the nursery! It was a pretty big project, even with two people. We ran out of paint around 5 and it was too late to get more. We headed over to our neighbor's house for a nice dinner and to hang out. It was Scott's first time meeting their new little baby and he was very good (the baby, not Scott!). They are great parents and I hope I can be doing as well as them at only 7 weeks post-pregnancy! Also added bonus: we shot off fireworks! The neighbors across the way were having a big shindig birthday party and they all cheered. It was pretty fun!

Sunday: Finished painting the nursery! We just now have to remove all the tape and do touch-ups which I can hopefully do tonight. Scott went golfing that afternoon so it gave me some time to do laundry and putz around the yard for a while by myself. I think I am getting close on getting all the weeds pulled before the baby shower!

Here is a preview of the nursery painting:


We have lots to do before hosting lots of people next weekend. The list is never ending, but hopefully we can get it done. I am busy this week with helping out a friend with his beginner band lessons 2 nights, then I will head home for the weekend. Next week I am busy as well with helping out again with the lessons, then starting school! What happened to summer??

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! Nice finds.

    Working Monday and Wednesday sounds like a good idea. You get to hate Mondays like the rest of the world! = ) Except for me because I have no job...sigh.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails