Sunday, August 23, 2009

How my garden grows...

I love this time of year!

Scott was out mowing last night and he said, "Why don't you come out and work in the yard too?" And by working in the yard, I'm almost positive he meant taking pictures of all my plants! :o)

They have been doing relatively well despite my neglect that comes from not being able to bend over anymore!

Here are my beautiful purple fountain grasses-so pretty in the sunlight!


I love this view from the retaining walls-it is what greets me when I am coming home from the east. So many beautiful colors!



I went a little overboard on the wave petunias this year. But, I had a hard time finding them and so when I did, I just bought a ton! They did so well and grew so much. And they have an added bonus...they smell wonderful!!



Here are some before and afters:

Before:



After:



Wowzers!

Before:


After:





I love that freakishly huge sweet potato on the right. It is a monster!!!

Before:



After:



Also, huge freakish monster! But, I like it. :o)

And how beautiful is that corn in the background? Such a pretty time of year for living out in the country! I will be so sad when I see that combine rolling around in the near future!

2 comments:

  1. I love it when you post pictures of your garden! So nice!

    I'm trying to remember what state you are in to have corn like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the before and after shots- that is good for me to know that things might look wimpy to start- but they sure fill up the space as the summer goes on!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails