Wednesday, December 11, 2013

So this happened...


Michael lost his first tooth. 

Can you believe it? 

Well, I guess he technically didn't lose it-he had to have it extracted. Right before Michael was two years olds, he fell on the sidewalk at daycare and chipped his little baby tooth. It had been doing great for about two years until just recently when they found a cyst on his dental xray followed by an abscess erupting right above the tooth. It was getting infected and dying and it was best to have it pulled before it affected his permanent tooth. 

Scott took him to his appointment and reports that Michael did great. They spent the rest of the day relaxing and eating ice cream and then the tooth fairy visited later that night. We really talked up the tooth fairy visiting as a positive to having a tooth pulled. I've had eight (!!) teeth pulled in my life and it has always been a traumatic experience for me. I hate that Michael has to experience it so young but we tried to give him as much information as we could ahead of time and then give him lots of special treatment afterwards. He is just doing great! I am so proud of him!

p.s., I made the dollar with hairspray and glitter a la Pinterest. The first try was a disaster- the whole dollar was 100% coated in glitter and you couldn't even tell it was a dollar! I threw it in the garbage momentarily before I realized that was literally throwing money away so I wiped off most of the glitter with a wet paper towel and voila! One perfect fairy dollar. I'm sure the U.S. treasury would not approve and hopefully it all wipes off before we try to spend it.  

2 comments:

  1. poor kiddo! He doesn't look any worse for wear, but I can tell you are a bit traumatized by the entire thing! Love the glitter tooth fairy dollar-- I'll have to remember that one! :) lh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the glitter dollar :)
    I'm glad that Scott had to take him to the dentist and not you. I can't imagine being the one to take my sweet kiddo for something scary, so young!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails