Saturday, March 23, 2013

Disney Trip Day Two: HollyWood Studios

We started day two of our vacation at Hollywood Studios. We got up bright and early and arrived at the park before opening to find it was open early! We enjoyed the park with less crowds for a few hours in the morning. It was cool but sunny- a beautiful day.

After taking the requisite photos down the main drag in the studios, we headed over to Toy Story Mania, as according to my touring plan. We were super excited about the early start and were hoping we could hop right on. However...the ride was down and we wouldn't be riding that morning. Luckily we got fastpasses and headed back over to the next attraction on our list: Tower of Terror.

We all rode it together and enjoyed the short standby line of 10 minutes (mostly how long it took just to walk through the queue). Everyone got a great laugh out of my expression in the ride photo-- I was really terrified! Needless to say, I did not do the ride twice. 

Scott rode the ride again with his niece and nephew and Michael and I headed to the Voyage of the Little Mermaid. We waited a long time and barely made it into the theater-good thing we could share one seat! Michael loved the show, especially when Ariel appeared on stage and sang her song. Michael said, "wow, mom!".

After using our Toy Story Mania fastpasses (awesome ride!) we ate our sack lunch quick (with our free waters from the counter service place) and then met up with Dave and Margie for Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular. We had missed this show last time we were at Disney and I really wanted to see it this time. It did not disappoint! Even Michael loved it and kept talking about the big ball after the show was over (he kept his eye on the door it came out of the whole show, convinced it was going to roll out of there again).

After the show, we staked out some spots for the Pixar Parade. I really liked this parade but I've heard they are doing away with it in a few weeks so soon it will be a relic.

 We also caught the Beauty and the Beast show which was awesome. Michael loved seeing the Beast and it was so well done. We had also missed this last time so I was glad to catch it this time (and to rest my feet!).

We also got fastpasses for and rode Rockin' Roller Coaster. I thought it was a blast and we rode it twice in a row. 

Before dinner, we were sidetracked into meeting Buzz and Woody. It was a long line but we figured- what the heck? The wait was brutal but seeing Michael's face as he met Buzz and Woody was priceless. I cried. He was soooo happy and had the biggest smile on his face. I loved it. It was so worth it. Definitely one of my favorite moments of the trip. 

We ended the night with our nephew Andy's birthday celebration at Sci-fi drive in. We had two cars right next two each other and it was a great way to wind down from the night. Milkshakes were had all around and we loved watching the B-movie footage on the giant screen. We all resolved to take in a real drive in movie sometime this summer. 

After all was said and done, we spent 13 hours at Hollywood Studios. Wow! We learned that you will walk a ton (even at a smaller park) and that plans will not always go according to, well, plan. 

Next up is Animal Kingdom!


  1. I am really enjoying reading about your Disney trip! We have only taken Meredith to Disney Village about 6 months ago, but I look forward to taking her to all the parks :)

    I am glad the weather was so great while you were here!

  2. The picture of Michael with Buzz and Woody are so adorable - priceless! Did you take all your pictures on your iphone or did you lug around your big camera?

  3. More fantastic coverage and photos : ). These are my favorite from your trip. Everest is such a unique experience, isn't it!? I hope today back to work goes well -- have a good week.

  4. Where did you meet Buzz & woody?

  5. I just teared up when you mentioned tearing up at your son's joy. I totally get that! I live to see my son smile and feel his joy! Thanks for all the sharing:)


Related Posts with Thumbnails