Monday, April 19, 2010

Weekend Gardening

It was a beautiful weekend here and we got tons of stuff done in the yard. We have so much work ahead of us after my incredible laziness last summer, but I think we will get there.

The great news is that all my perennials are coming up nice and strong and I think I might even divide some of them to place around the yard. We totally scored yesterday at Menards and picked up 14 feather reed grasses for a great price. I have been looking for three years and have NEVER seen those plants in a store for a reasonable price. I was beyond excited! We got them in the ground, but I think we are going to need some more. Hopefully there will still be some left!


Here are some photos I took of the early stuff coming up:



A little creeping jenny close up. (love it-one of my favorite plants!)



My big hosta coming up nice and tall.



I love how the hosta leaves are all curled up and wavy when it first appears. So cool!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing Rose, I was wondering when your first garden pics would start showing up!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails