Sunday, December 27, 2009

Success!


I did it!

Christmas 2009 was a success. Everything went very smoothly and everyone seemed relaxed, happy and FULL!

I feel like I always over plan on the food and I didn't let myself down this time. We have tons of leftovers and there was plenty to go around. In the words of my husband "We don't do anything half-assed around here!"

I'll start with the things that could have gone better:
  • Church was a huge mob of people and we couldn't all sit together. We left our house before schedule, about 50 minutes before the service started. There was a traffic jam in the parking lot and we got separated. Scott and I got to sit in the front row (something I've always wanted to do!), but everyone else had to sit in the overflow. I hope it didn't affect how they viewed our church or the service...it was very moving and I had to try hard to keep it together!
  • Outdoor activities: we didn't make it ice skating or snow tubing because of the weather and because of people leaving. I was really looking forward to them!
Things that went well:
  • Christmas Dinner: I started the sides in the morning and kept them warm in crockpots until the roast was ready. People ate their salads and bread while I sliced the roast and then brought plates out to people. We actually sat in our dining room, which felt nice to be out of the mess and clutter of the kitchen.
  • Gingerbread houses: I assembled these and the kids decorated them. It was super fun and killed some time!
  • Beer. Enough said! :o) I think everyone relaxes a little bit when they have a nice beverage in hand...and we have plenty around here!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails