Tuesday, December 29, 2009

12 Days of Christmas...Projects! no.7

Paper Barn Stars

I know Christmas is over, but gosh...I feel like I just finally have a chance to catch my breath! People always ask me about all my Christmas stars and are always amazed when I tell them they are just made out of paper. You can make literally thousands (which I am getting close to) for just a couple of bucks and lots of free time.

First, trace your star out on a piece of heavy cardstock. I used an actual metal barn star for my pattern, but you can also download a template of a star from the world wide web. It is nice to have a couple of different sizes.

After your star is cut out, you need to draw a line from the point of the star to the V that is opposite. I use a ball point pen and push hard on a magazine because this will help you bend it into shape. I have also used a bone folder before to save on my pens! Here is an example of what it will look like after your lines are drawn:


(and yes, that is a gigantic cat hair on my star...welcome to my home!)

After you have all your lines drawn, fold on the creases you made and you sort of have to finagle it into your barn star shape. I always thought it was nice to have an example to look at.



And there you have it! You can add some gold paint or glitter or just leave them plain!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails