Tuesday, December 15, 2009

12 Days of Christmas...Projects! no.6

Project no. 6: DIY Greenery Swag

We're halfway there with our Christmas projects! Thanks for sticking with me!




Have you seen those beautiful fresh greenery swags at stores? Well, I made mine for free! It doesn't get any better than that!

When we went to pick out our tree at the tree farm we asked the guys working if they had any spare branches around for us to take since they trim the bottom of your tree for you. In the past I had just wandered around and picked up branches I saw on the ground, but this year the guys at the farm directed me to a MOUNTAIN of tree branches. It was huge! How had I never seen that before this year? Maybe it was the time of day we were there? I have no idea!

So I grabbed an armful of branches, threw them in the car and off we went.

For this swag you need about 4 or 5 nice full branches.




I used my garden clippers and some twine that I had in the garage from my monster tomato plants. You could use pretty much anything you had in the house to cut and tie the branches together.



I trimmed the ends of my branches so they were nice and neat and then I just tied the branches together with the ends facing in.


You can then decorate it however you please! I of course, added a brown star! :o)



Enjoy!



Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails