Thursday, December 3, 2009

My Parents Were Awesome

My parents were awesome.

I was doing some reading over at blogher.com and I ran across a great post about what your parents were like before they were parents. Isn't this a funny thought? It is something I never think about, even though obviously my parents had a life before me and my brothers and sister.

So in the spirit of the post, I found these two photos that I had tucked in my wedding album:




I really love this one. Look at how young my parents are! That tux! Those glasses! That blonde hair on both of them!

This is so funny because my little brother has the exact same hair as my dad. Same style even!

But what I love the most is how happy and excited they look-they have no idea what the future will hold.




I like this one because it features my dad's cool Monte Carlo. For a long time in high school I really wanted a vintage Monte Carlo (and even had a friend who dated a guy who had one and let me ride in it...so cool!). I was super jealous of my dad's-it just seems so iconic of the late 70's/early 80's.

Again, I just love how young, tan and happy my parents look. :o)

Hopefully when Michael asks us what we were like before we were parents we can show him a rocking photo like this one:


Before I started wearing mom jeans and old sweatshirts with spit up on them and Scott had other interests besides life insurance, I like to think we were pretty awesome too. :o)



-----

Check out myparentswereawesome.tumblr.com for more photos of people's parents when they were awesome! I love the stories the photos tell. You can also listen to the NPR podcast about the website.


Align Center

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails