Monday, October 14, 2013

MIchael's Pump it Up Party


Michael celebrated his 4th birthday with friends at Pump it Up. We had originally wanted to get a bounce house and have a party at our house but then we spied a Monday night special at Pump it Up and went for it. It was so great- they did everything for us and Michael had an awesome time. I love his big smile in all the photos! 


I barely took any photos at the party but we did have an option to buy the photos the staff took...which were terrible. However, that was the only negative thing about the whole experience. Everything was so smooth from planning the party, to set up, to clean up and they even helped me put the stuff back in my car again. I loved how we had a private play area just for ourselves and the kids (and adults) had a great time. 

Maybe we can have his party at Pump it Up every year! 


Truth be told, this type of party was perfect for me this year. I had a busy weekend with my big 8th grade marching band performance (and the sleepless nights that accompanied it!) and also my parents were in town to help celebrate. I also have a hard time with Michael's birthday because we celebrate it right before the anniversary of Trace's death. I just didn't think I could pull off a big party at my house this year especially when the nice weather weekends are very limited. I am hoping next year we can remember to plan his party for the end of September when it is still warm and things aren't so hard yet. 


When my parents were in town we celebrated by going out for pizza at Chuckie Cheese. We all had a fun time playing games and winning tickets for Michael to get some prizes. I especially loved the giant fruit ninja on a big screen! Some kid watched me play and said, "whoa, you are awesome!" lol. It was busy, loud, crazy and full of kids ......and I didn't even care!! I guess working in a middle school all day is really wearing me down. :o) 

Overall, Michael had some pretty good birthday celebrations. He is pretty happy he is four now and is excited to see what the next year holds. 

3 comments:

  1. Michael is so lucky- despite your grief, you always go out of your way to make sure things are special for him. Looks like he enjoyed both of his birthday celebrations very much. :) lh

    ReplyDelete
  2. The party looks loud, somewhat obnoxious and in-your-face. Everything a birthday party for a 4-year-old should be! How did you decide whether or not to invite kiddo friends? It looks like Michael had a very special day with lots of love, which maybe (?) offsets some of the sadness associated with Oct 10.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pics! I'm glad you guys had a good time. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails