Friday, September 27, 2013

InstaFriday


Happy Friday! 

The above photo is from last Friday...it was just the most beautiful day out that we just couldn't go home right away so Michael and I went to the park for a little bit. It was so nice and everything was just perfect. I remember thinking, "this is the life!" Even a mom I didn't know at the park was like, "isn't this the most beautiful day?" It really was and I was happy to spend it with one of my favorite guys. 


More beautiful weather- I think this was from Monday. I love this time of year when the fields are turning colors. 


We went to the zoo on Saturday as you already know and my camera ran out of batteries before we got to the carousel!! Michael chose my favorite animal, the cat with a fish in its mouth. I have never seen a cat eat a fish- do they even like them? Maybe Scampy should start fishing in our pond for some tasty snacks. 



My 8th graders have been working hard getting ready for a parade performance we are doing next weekend. We've been trying to get (and stay) in step for weeks and it is really hard for some kids! I always forget how hard everything is when you are 13/14 years old- your body is growing in weird ways and sometimes it is hard just to walk down the hall let alone try and stay in step with other people. However, I am amazed at the kids who are rockstars and are always in step and it just melts my heart when I see them help their neighbors when they are out of step. 

A coworker also stopped me in the hall and told me his grandson lives on the street by the middle school we usually march on. He said on they days we march by his grandson runs to the window and starts singing along to the school fight song. My favorite, favorite part about marching band is that it really does make people happy- we are continually influencing people outside of our classroom which is a goal of all this common core legislation. 


We had a few minutes on Tuesday night to hit up a park by Scott's office and they had this cool thing that Michael said he was spiderman on. He was so cute! Don't you just love his cheesy smile? 


And...my view most days with about 5 things I am drinking. I usually leave them scattered about everywhere so to have them corralled is quite a feat. 

It's been another good but busy week and we are looking forward to the weekend. Have a great Friday!

life rearranged

1 comment:

  1. i'm laughing at all of your drinks : ) -- at least i see coffee! glad you are enjoying time outside. the parks are so pretty with fall colors.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails