Monday, September 9, 2013

Blogtember- Personality Test




Howdy, readers. I had a great weekend and I hope you did, too. As you know, I have been struggling trying to find a balance between my new busy job and life and trying to fit blogging in there also. I have a friend who is doing the Blogtember link up and it sounded like a lot of fun so I thought I would try and squeeze a few in there! Maybe we'll all learn something new about each other. :o)

The prompt for Sept. 9th was to take the Jung Personality test and reflect on your results. I took it an got "ISTJ" which stands for Introverted, Sensing, Thinking, Judging. I think this fairly accurate as over time I have gotten to know myself well and know how I work best and what also my pitfalls are. For example you all know, I love to plan -case in point, my to-the-minute itineraries for WDW which maybe were a little crazy but for me were lots of fun to create. I loved thinking about the days we were going to be there, finding out all the facts I could, researching and trying to fit together a plan that would be the most efficient use of my time. I know this is not some people's style of traveling but for me it is so fun and the anticipation and planning is half the fun. However, on the flip side when I got home I berated myself on the things we didn't get done, the things we could have done, the things that didn't go as planned. Naturally I know not everything in life works out to our plan and so I try and take these things with a grain of salt but I do make a list "for next time" so I can always improve my planning. 

 I am like this in almost every aspect of my life... always thinking of the timeline, the steps that need to be completed and what I need to do to prepare ahead of time. Especially at school where there is no end to the amount of planning to be done. I always have a running to do list and a running list of things I could do better next time. My goal is to have a whole year planned out day by day before the whole school year started but by golly....that is a little ridiculous. :o) 

I feel like my love for planning falls right into this outline of the ISTJ personality: 

"ISTJs have an excellent ability to take any task and define it, organize it, plan it, and implement it through to completion. They are very hard workers, who do not allow obstacles to get in the way of performing their duties. They do not usually give themselves enough credit for their achievements, seeing their accomplishments simply as the natural fulfillment of their obligations." 

However:


The ISTJ will work for long periods of time and put tremendous amounts of energy into doing any task which they see as important to fulfilling a goal. However, they will resist putting energy into things which don't make sense to them, or for which they can't see a practical application. They prefer to work alone, but work well in teams when the situation demands it. They like to be accountable for their actions, and enjoy being in positions of authority. The ISTJ has little use for theory or abstract thinking, unless the practical application is clear.

I do love putting the hard work in to things that are important to me- my job, my family, Disney trips, Game of Thrones research and reading (kidding...only half way) but sometimes things do not make sense to me and do not hold interest for me to work hard towards them. I recently felt terrible because during a team building activity at school I said something people need to know about me is that I prefer to work independently and people looked at me like I had two heads. This has been a strong trait for me ever since high school when once after class I asked my English teacher if I could work alone instead of in a group. I remember her telling me that working independently was a strong trait but there would always be times in life I would have to work with other people. 


Another area of the ISTJ that resonated with me is this:

The ISTJ is extremely faithful and loyal. Traditional and family-minded, they will put forth great amounts of effort at making their homes and families running smoothly. They are responsible parents, taking their parenting roles seriously. They are usually good and generous providers to their families. They care deeply about those close to them, although they usually are not comfortable with expressing their love. The ISTJ is likely to express their affection through actions, rather than through words.


I do believe that it is important to have a smooth running home and family and I do spent lots of energy devoted to these tasks. I feel like the home should be your place to recharge and find a center and I feel like that is a gift I can give to my family. I do like to show my affection through actions and I know Michael responds well to the special attention like trips to the park, reading books together or fun activities at home. 

I especially agree with the Introvert description of my personality because yes, I am an introvert. I sometimes think that there is a negative connotation with introverts as being antisocial but I do not think that is true at all. I love socializing but often being around a large group of people will leave me feeling drained rather than energized. I do need to recharge by spending time with myself and making sure I take care of myself. This has been especially evident after spending long days at school essentially interacting with students for 8+ hours non-stop. When I get home I just need to have some quiet time or recharge time. 

I hope this gives you some insight to my personality! I had lots of fun taking the test and reading up on the different types of personalities and seeing where I fit into everything. I think most of it rings pretty darn true! I encourage you to give a try if you have a few minutes!

Happy Blogtember!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails