Friday, October 26, 2012

InstaFriday


It's Friday, folks! 

This week I ran two miles (at one time)!  


We had a really great professional development day at school this week and it was really inspiring. The biggest take away from it for me is that I realize I am the only person who can stress me out. I am taking this to heart for reals-- kid comes in for a bad lesson? I'm not letting myself stress myself out about it. I'll help them get better. Kids are being too noisy in band? I'm not going to let myself stress about it, I'll help them get better. Too much to do at school? Then I'll find a way to do it. I feel like already just keeping this in my head I am starting to take more control over my emotions and thus actions in teaching and in my home life. It is actually a freeing feeling and I am actually finding myself having more energy through the school day! 



Michael and I had some fun playing this week in the nice weather at our favorite park. It was nice to just sit for a while as Michael played and talked to himself. I have so many things to be thankful for and it felt good just to sit and soak up the blessings of my family, the beautiful weather and fresh air. 


The very next day, we did a picnic at the park because--get this---it was way too hot in our house to be home and just much nicer outside. Crazy, huh? 

 Scott and I escaped to Kansas City for a really great overnight courtesy of his work (for winning a contest). It was hands down just what I needed and Scott and made sure we had lots of fun on our 24 hours away from home. The other couples asked us if we had fun seeing the city and were like...nope! We had lots of fun spending time with friends, eating pizza, watching Cyclone football, eating BBQ, shopping, spending time together, and even playing a late night game of bowling. 

It. was. awesome. 

Have a great weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails