Monday, August 8, 2011

Fair and Family

I bravely made the trek back to my hometown this past week for a quick visit. I was pretty proud of myself for making the 3 hour drive with two small kids all by myself! We had very good car rides both on the way there and back...no crying and just one stop. And yes, you can call me supermom if you want.

We stopped by the nursing home to see my grandma and we drew quite a crowd. Michael was being grumpy so one of the ladies at the home gave him a little dish of ice cream and then he was a wild man. We met grandma in the dining room so at least Michael had lots of room to run.




I was happy grandma got to meet Trace. He was such a good baby for her.



Michael had such a good time on the farm, especially with his uncle "Sim" (Sam). Michael looks a lot like Sam when he was a kid; I think it is that blonde, blonde hair!



Hannah, the newest addition to the family. She's a Saint Bernard, can you believe it?





On Thursday we got up early to watch the hog show at the county fair. It was exciting! Denise got two purple ribbons for best in her class and it was pretty entertaining to watch her show her pigs.









The boys both had a nice time at the fair, and we ran into lots of old friends. I'm sure the county fair will become a fast tradition with my boys just like it was for me!









We had a great time and can't wait until next year!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this post! Your pictures are fabulous! Love all the colors and details. I miss the fair. I was telling my husband a few days ago how homesick I was and I think a big part of it had to do with the fair. I think I would stay there ALL day!

    Good job Super Mom!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails