Friday, August 12, 2011

Friday!



Can you believe this little guy is going to be three months old soon? In just 5 days? Wow.

I feel like it took us so long to get to a point with Michael where things actually got easier and here were are again at that stage with Trace. Things are getting easier: he is getting on a better schedule and sleeping better at night. We are still working on the bottle and I am confident he will get it.

Have you ever tried to get a breastfed baby to take a bottle? It is so hard. I'm sure I can't be the only one who has experienced this. We usually try with it for about 15 minutes each feeding session, which adds up to lots of screaming throughout the day. It's hard, and I know it's wearing on Michael too. This week we were in the middle of trying to feed Trace with the bottle and he was screaming and Michael was screaming and then Michael just sunk his sharp teeth into Trace's fat, chubby little leg and wow...the poor wails from little Trace were heartbreaking. It was tears all around- Michael for going straight to time out and me for torturing my poor little baby.

It was not a good morning.

But we're working on it, and there are lots of good moments in there along with the frustrating.



The good....the weather here has been amazing this week. Nice and cool and just perfect. We went to the zoo for a little bit this week and the animals were all up and about. Some animals that I have never seen move like the gibbons were all up and swinging about. It was awesome.



The bad...my least favorite part of the day are the hours between naptime and bedtime. It is hard waiting for Scott to get home, get dinner on the table, and get kids into bed. I've been trying to be a little bit proactive about this and trying to find some activities to do during this time. It seems to be helping. I usually try not to be out and about after 4 because of traffic but sometimes an outing really helps with things, even if it is just to the small grocery store down the road (which actually doesn't get busy with the after work crowd until 5).



Good...I've been trying to take pictures in manual mode on my camera. It is a fun challenge even though I really have no idea what I'm doing.



Good...Michael loves my flowers. Bad....Michael likes my flowers.







In other randomness, I switched out the upstairs toys this week to give Michael a fresh basket of play things and that has turned out to be a good decision. Our toys keep migrating upstairs to our already overflowing toy basket, so I finally took them back downstairs and sorted, put away, and pulled out fresh ones. I even started a little basket of toys for Trace since he likes looking at them these days!



...and there's my little chunky monkey now! Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails