Sunday, March 15, 2015

Six Months!


Anna and Brynn turned six months old on March 10th! 

Six months? Six months! Six months!?!

I can't hardly believe half of year of their lives has already gone by. It seems so strange to me to be on this journey...sometimes I still can't wrap my mind around the face that we are where we are but yet here we are, taking it day by day. I'm pretty sure that makes no sense! 

They are sweet, sweet babies and are always giving big smiles. I love their sparkly eyes and the way two pairs of matching peepers are looking up at me. They are getting very strong and very busy...can roll from their back to their stomach in a flash and like to be on their stomachs so they can get their heads up and take in everything around them. We have been working hard at sitting unassisted but can only do it for a short bit of time without some help. They are eager to take in the world around them and not content being tiny babies anymore! 

We also started doing some baby food in the past few weeks and that has been lots of fun. They are messy and it results in a nightly bath but it is fun to have a new adventure. They desperately want to be able to grab things and put them in their mouth so I feel like it won't be long until they get that pincher grip down so they can start feeding themselves a bit. I feel like we didn't do purees for long with Michael...he was ready for table food and to feed himself by 9 months! 

Sleeping is going well and the girls are sleeping from 7 p.m. until 4 or 5 a.m. in the morning. I am usually up for the day around 5 so I don't mind the early feeding. They usually will go back in their cribs for a little more snoozing until their nanny comes around 7:30. They are wearing size 6 month clothes and size 3 diapers. We are still breastfeeding and supplementing with formula while I am at work. I do enjoy nursing them but they are starting to distract each other while feeding (and big brother is a distraction, too!) so sometimes I will feed them one at a time for some extra cuddles and distraction free feeding. I always think, "this is so great!" when I just have one of them...one baby is so easy! 


Growing fast and stretching out! 


I think Anna has a sweet smile and personality. Maybe it is just her extra chubby cheeks? 


Brynn is a little sassy pants! I was having a hard time coaxing a smile out of her this day. 


The girls LOVE to watch their big brother. Whenever they hear his voice, they will turn their heads to see if they can find him and see what he is up to. They love it especially if he is being wild and crazy! I think Michael enjoys the attention, too...he has been setting up his little play areas right by the girls lately. I know we will be in big trouble with the legos once the girls start to move but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it. 


I'm finding it hard to believe that in another 6 months we'll be turning one! If it has gone as quickly as this time,  it will be here in a flash. I've been trying to enjoy each moment and soak it up but I've also been trying not to get too caught up in the passing of time. I've been thinking lately a lot about what has happened in just the past five years. It has been a lot...two babies under two, losing Trace, dealing with grief, getting a big new job for me, carrying twins to term, surviving newborn twins (can I get an amen??) and I just think...wow.  What will the next five years old? Just trying to keep things in perspective for myself on the hard days. :o) 

The girls are such a blessing to us and a daily reminder that we really have no idea what plans God has in store for us...life is full of surprises. We love them so much and can't wait to see them keep growing into the special little girls they were meant to be. 

2 comments:

  1. My friends just had their newborn twin boys last Monday and I think I'm going to refer them to your blog to show them survival is indeed possible! :)
    I can't believe how big the girls are getting, they are so precious! And such fun wild hair :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your world has been rocked in so many ways in the last five years-- it is uplifting to see that you still believe in God and his plan for you and your family. Thanks for sharing your family and your world with us. -LH

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails