Saturday, August 16, 2014

InstaFriday

Hi Friends!

It has been a very strange week around here with school starting back up and me not being there. I officially started my maternity leave at the beginning of the school year so I could rest up and get ready for the girls to arrive. I felt like it would be easier in terms of sub plans and also it is just plain hard for me to do anything...even the smallest tasks seem like they take an enormous amount of energy. When you add in the shortness of breath that comes from even talking, the endless sweating, the inability to sit or stand for more than a few minutes....well, you get the point. I am trying to stay positive but I also know my limitations and know that only being at school would make things take a turn for the worst.

I did go in for open house nice and paid the price for the next two days by being physically exhausted. It was so nice, however, to see my students and parents that dropped in to say hi and wish me good luck. I know they will be fine without me and January will be here before we know it! 

So I've just been at home and bored all week, trying to take it easy and wait for baby girls to arrive. In theory, four weeks (a little less now) seems like a long time but I know it will go fast. 


I had an ultrasound and non stress test appointment this week and both went well. I am 33 weeks and baby A is 3 lbs, 13 oz an baby B is 4 lbs even. The ultrasound tech thinks they will be long babies no matter what! They are busy bees in my stomach, especially baby B and I think she will be real stinker when she arrives. I was hooked up to the monitors for just a few minutes and they proclaimed, "Happy Babies!" which meant their heart rates were good and responding well with lots of movement. I will continue to have these every week until I deliver along with bi weekly ultrasounds and ob appointments- it is a lot but I am thankful for good healthcare. 

I am feeling nervous because I know lots of people who have delivered around 34-35 weeks with twins but I am just trying to stay positive. It is really a mental game being pregnant with twins-the worry and anxiety are overwhelming but so is the feeling of absolute bliss. I still cannot wrap my head around what it will be like to hold two baby girls in my arms. 


We made it to Costco to stock up on household products last weekend. I would say we are pretty ready! This will last us for probably a year. It seems weird but it is nice to know we won't need to run out for toilet paper or Tide at a crucial moment. 


And finally, my sister found my name at the ISU alumni booth at the state fair last week. All my friends had been posting theirs and I felt left out! Mom and Denise took Michael to the fair one day last week and had a good time. I am thankful that they took him so I didn't have to go- not sure I would have managed that one! 

In other news, I've been trying to watch some movies I've never seen before on Netflix since I have the time on my hands and might never again. So far this week I've watched: 
My Left Foot
American Psycho
Philadelphia

I recommend them all! My left foot was very interesting and thoughtful, American Psycho had excellent eye candy with Christian Bale (and awesome 80s soundtrack) and Philadelphia made me ugly cry but was so good (can't believe I hadn't seen it before). 

That's all that is new with me! Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the update on the babies. Yes, thank God for outstanding medical care and the babies have lots of eyes and hearts on them : ). I still laugh at your carts full of goodness ... my goodness! I'm glad you are taking in some new flicks, too. I've never seen American Psycho, but Philadelphia is one of my favorites -- the soundtrack is really good, too, I love the opera track the best! Take care ... rest, rest and make cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At 23 weeks pregnant with only ONE baby, I thought that I was going to die after one day at the State Fair and only half of it with Lucan. Let's not mention the fact that Lance left my camera at home and I was PISSED. In fact, I'm still pissed thinking about it.
    We spent yesterday afternoon and first part of the evening canning salsa. I'm not sure who thought this was a good idea, but it clearly WAS NOT. By the end of the day my back and hip was aching and I could not rationally deal with toddler's sass.
    Pregnancy is not for wimps. Pregnancy with twins is only for those with gumption - you!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails