Friday, August 8, 2014

InstaFriday


Happy Friday! 

I know this isn't the most photogenic picture of Michael but we had a really fun night on Sunday going to the pool and Mongolian buffet afterwards. Michael had a huge plate of food and he ate the whole thing!! He was being so cute and was doted on by the waitress the whole time. This trip up to Ames was the first time to the aquatic center this summer and we had a really fun time. Luckily Scott went with us as I got tired out very quickly. We've had a string of cooler summer temps so it was nice to seize the nice sunny day with some swimming! 


I've spent quite a bit of time out in the yard lately getting ready for our neighborhood party. It is nice to slow down and just let my mind wander as I am watering flowers or pulling weeds. I haven't done it that much this summer and I've forgotten how relaxing it is! 


The biggest weeds- so embarrassing. Some I couldn't even pull because they were so big- I just had to clip them and spray the stumps! 



In pregnancy news I have been still feeling pretty good but slowing down in a major way. I had my 32 week appointment this week where I got a dtap booster and it made me feel pretty crummy for the past two days but I think I am on the mend now. I have been struggling with getting a good night's sleep also. It is hard to fall asleep at night and then I usually wake up in the wee hours of the night unable to fall back asleep for hours. All this results in being very groggy the next morning and usually being too anxious to nap in the afternoon. It is a really bad cycle to be caught in but I am still trying to get lots of rest even if I am not sleeping. 

I still have a little list of things to get accomplished in the next few weeks before the girls arrive. I feel very guilty for not returning to school and feel like I am playing hooky even though I know I could not handle being at school every day, all day, for four weeks when I can barely stand or walk for any length of time (not to mention the mental energy it takes to teach). We also jump right in with marching band in the fall with my 8th graders and that is just totally out of the question! It seems to get make the waiting game more intense now that my calendar is cleared and all I have to do is rest at home and wait for the babies to arrive. I have some finishing touches on the nursery to do as well as Michael's new room and then I can hopefully share those with you as well! 


That's it for me! Have a great Friday and a happy weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails