Friday, July 25, 2014


Happy Friday! 

It has been a very fast week around here. Michael has been at my parents house all week as well as Scampy who has found a new home. You would think I would be super productive with all this free time but it has just left me more time for watching Netflix and resting! 

The house has been very quiet and it has been weird. I really miss Scampy, who I've had since before Michael was born...that is a lot of years of having a companion in the house! He is a very nice kitty and so loving but he is getting worse and worse at dealing with changes to his environment and I'm not sure he would be happy with the big change of twin babies coming home. His new mommy (my sister in law) seems very happy to have him and that makes me happy as well. I think I will miss him for a long time! :o( 


This is a blurry photo but we put Michael on the floor in our room this past weekend during our full house during my shower. He thought it was absolutely the most fun thing ever! He loved his little nest and kept saying, "this is fun!" as he tossed and turned before falling asleep. It never amazes me how four year olds can think the littlest things are new and exciting! 


With Michael gone this week, I did take an afternoon to make up some more freezer meals. I did four pans of cheesy beef and macaroni, two bags of beef stew, and two bags of chili (I just use the recipe on the back of the seasoning packet- tomatoes, beef, beans). It gives me good peace of mind to know that there are some easy heat and eat meals ready to go for those crazy times of having a newborn at home. I think this makes me pretty much set, I'm just going to shred up some pork and maybe make some baked goods and we'll see how I feel after that.  


I did make it up to school this week also for some work time. I ran into our janitor who is just so happy for me that I am having twins. It was fun to run into someone who kept saying I look great and wow, do I really have two babies in there? (even if it is all flattery). I have a huge pile of things to photocopy but our copier kept jamming up so I was on to plan B for the day and I still got a lot done. I guess I should know this after all my year as a teacher that plan A will probably never go as planned, right? 


We are making strides on the nursery and it is fun to have a space for everything. I am making curtains and bed skirts hopefully today and then I will get stuff put away so I can give you a "tour" at some point in the near future. I still need to find some fun art for the walls but all in due time. 

I had a great appointment this week at the OB and while they were concerned about my blood pressure last time, it was great this week. I have a history of high blood pressure with Michael's pregnancy, but not with Trace's and it can be scary. My doctor keeps telling me how awesome I am doing and to keep up the good work so I am trying hard to take those comments to heart and not worry too much. We are less than 7 weeks away from meeting our sweet girls and I'm afraid that time is going to fly! Eek!

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. What a cute pic of Michael on the floor. It's fun to see them get so excited about little things. :) I love seeing the 2 cribs!! So happy for you...hope you can get lots of rest in before the girls make their appearance! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel your pain about Scampy. Sometimes I think that Fire would be better off at my parents house where there are endless laps to sit on for petting and lots of windows for sunning. Pets can be hard! Good job keepin' those babies safe!
    Here's a funny story: I told my parents that you were pregnant with twin girls and they were excited for you. My dad was with some M'ville friends and one of them mentioned a lady named Rose who was pregnant with twin girls this fall. My dad asked him a couple of more questions to try and figure out if it was you, but couldn't conclusively decide. He was talking about it later with me and asked me if I thought that it was the same person. I told him there was probably a very small chance there are multiple Roses who are due with twin girls this fall :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails