Saturday, March 15, 2014

InstaFriday!

Happy Spring Break! 

My spring break officially started yesterday and I am already feeling a thousand times more relaxed and de-stressed. It was so nice to have a whole day with nothing planned except playing at the park, meeting dad for lunch, and watching the Cyclones beat the Jayhawks! I love days like that and it reminds me fondly of all the days that Michael and I got to stay home together when I was working part time. It was a precious time for sure and although I love my job at school, I also treasure those days and memories. 

It was a little cool yesterday, but Michael and I still hit up our favorite park for a little bit. It was nice just being outside and getting some fresh air. 


Michael has been making these little nests for years and I still just think it is the cutest thing. I keep trying to put away his huge pile of blankets but somehow he finds more and adds them to his pile. It is a never ending battle in trying to keep his room looking picked up but I guess they are only entertained by blanket nests for so long, right? 


My kind of happy hour- I splurged on a huge cranberry limeade when out running errands last Sunday and it was delish and only $1.17! 


We had a few friends over to watch the Cyclone game last night and we were treated to some awesome Scratch cupcakes! I've never had them before and they were a treat!


And finally, a little bit of school before I totally forget about it for the week-- I always try and get feedback from students on how things are going and sometimes I get a little gem that surprises me. This was a reflection sheet on our small ensembles (duets, quartets) that we took to contest and one student wrote that "Playing with others can be hard".  I think this is so truth, not only in band but in life. 

Have a great weekend! 

1 comment:

  1. Okay - the blanket nesting, totally hear you. Lucan nests and nests and "hides" under mounds of blankets. Everytime I try and put one away or pare it down some, he just finds more!
    And your student is wise. Playing with others doesn't get any easier for adults either.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails