Wednesday, December 5, 2012

The first week in December....

Now that it is December I feel the Christmas spirit coming on!!
 
We spent last weekend getting our tree up and decorating outdoors. I've gotten a few Christmas things out around the house and I hope to wrap up the decorating this week. It it so hard to believe that Christmas will be here soon when yesterday it was a high of 70 degrees here in Des Moines. Yeah, I know....I love it, but still...a little snow (and a snow day) would be nice.
 
Michael was so excited to get out his Little People Nativity set this year. We found a good spot for him to (in his words) "play that game with Baby Jesus". This little nativity set was a gift from Scott's boss's wife who surprised us with it after I visited their house and fawned and fawned over hers and said how I never knew where to buy one. :o)
 
Mom stopped by with some Santa cookies for us to enjoy. Michael was so excited! He said, "Santa cookies?....for Michael to eat?" I think he was afraid that they were ones we were going to leave out for Santa. He loved them, especially the cinnamon red hot nose on Santa.
 
 
 
We also got our lights up outside. These little lights are a welcome sight especially after not having them out last year. They are so bright and twinkly and they always make me smile when I pull in at night. It only took us about an hour to get everything up and Scott did most of the work. :o)
 
I hope you are having a great week!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails