Friday, September 14, 2012

Instafriday


It's Friday!

Another week in the books. I think I am finally starting to get my energy back...it is a lot to start working 30+ hours a week after staying home all summer. I only took one nap this week (when I shut off my alarm on accident and slept for two hours...oy!) and I've gotten up every morning at 5:30 to hit the Y. I made a deal with myself that I would exercise every morning even if it was only for a little bit and so far I have been loving it. I am way too tired and unambitious after work and my early mornings have become a little mini therapy session to start off the day. And no matter how hard my day gets...it has to be easier than running on the treadmill or squatting 160 lbs, right?? :o) RIGHT!?! 

So far I am not noticing any differences besides the mental benefit but I'll take what I can get these days...

Anyway, instafriday!



We got a new HyVee. Scott and I went there *for fun* this week. We spent an hour wandering around. It is like the Whole Foods of HyVee. Lots of good things including the hugest craft brew selection I've ever seen. Scott was a kid in a candy shop! 


We took an impromtou walk around the pond earlier this week when the weather was nice. It is fun to see Michael and everything he takes in and absorbs. He is learning something new every day- so fun to watch. I need to start recording or writing down all the funny things he says...he is one giant sponge, that kid. 


I have monster zucchini that are still popping up in my garden so Michael and I had fun shredding them up and making a really yummy zucchini and chocolate bread, okay who I am kidding, cake. It gets the Michael stamp of approval! I shredded up a whole ziploc bag of zucchini and it is in the freezer just waiting for more fun things to make.


I am loving my new job but I am also just really missing spending time with Michael. He is changing every day and it just makes my heart so sad. I often think about how our life would be if Trace was here too and how big he would be now too. I just feel like life is so fleeting and I just want to take in as much as I can each day. The other day I got home after Michael had been in bed and I went in to say goodnight and he looked so grown up laying there on his pillow. It was one of those "wow" moments where I flashed forward and could see him as a 10 year old or 14 year old...hopefully I will still be kissing him goodnight then too. :o) 

Life is good. Happy Friday!! 

life rearranged

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails