Sunday, September 2, 2012

Friends Okoboji Weekend

I figure I better get this up before summer is unofficially over tomorrow...wow! I feel like with the start of school, the start of football season, and my mums blooming--we are in fall mode!! 

We headed up to Lake Okoboji for a weekend with friends-it ended up being a nice, centrally located meeting place for everyone. The accommodations were awesome and I give my husband huge props for getting everyone together and in the same place at the same time---no easy feat! 

The weather was cool and rainy so we didn't do a ton of boating but we had a good excuse to sit around and catch up with each other (except for the night that I laid down with Michael to put him to sleep and I didn't wake up till the next morning--I was tired!). We had lots of delicious meals all weekend, thanks to taking turns preparing and cooking the different meals. I just thought everything was perfect and I had a great, relaxing weekend. 


We hit up the historic Arnolds Park before heading home on Sunday. Michael had a blast with his new little friend! He is at such a fun age and he really loves "cardboards" (carnivals). When we arrived he was all excited because he thought grandma and grandpa were going to be there also since the last time we went to an amusement park they were there. He is so funny!


All the kids got along wonderfully and it was such a relief!! We had prepped Michael on how he needed to be a big boy and be good and my worries were totally unfounded because he did great. I am always worried when he is around younger kids but I think he has maybe turned a corner and played really nicely with the other kids. We brought along a little bag of matchbox cars and they were a hit. Luckily we had plenty to go around! 


 Here's the whole crew! We had people from Minneapolis, Mitchell, Kansas City, Des Moines, and Arizona. Pretty crazy, right? 

Thanks for the fun weekend guys! We can't wait to do it again next year. :o)



1 comment:

  1. What a fun weekend you guys had-- love that you could all get together! Michael is so brave-- looks like Arnold's park was a big hit! I love the pic of Asher and Michael hugging-- I'm sure their dads did a lot of hugging in their underpants to in college-- they are fraternity brothers after all! ;)

    LH

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails