Monday, June 13, 2011

Monday Musings

Another week begins...

We are having a great day today. Accomplishment of the day: actually getting everyone out of the house for an outing! yay!

We headed to the zoo this morning to get out of the house for a bit. Michael was having a terrible morning and was crabby which resulted in lots of toddler crying fits. We had to leave the house or else I would go crazy! It was a nice, cool morning to go to the zoo and we actually lasted about 60 minutes inside. Michael was great and Trace was fine until he got hungry and we had to make a quick exit. Luckily we left just in time...a storm hit right as we got on the highway. Yikes!

We got home, ate some lunch and now everyone is napping. Life is good.

This weekend we went to a wedding reception for a fraternity brother of Scott's. It was about an hour away and the location was so beautiful! Scott had asked me that morning if I wanted to go and I was feeling great so we went for it. It was a really smooth evening- Michael was good and Trace slept. I had a few glasses of wine and we didn't get home until midnight! Who are we and what has happened to us!? It felt so good to get out of the house and act like a normal person again. I should try it more often. :o)



The reception was held at this bed and breakfast which was lovely. I loved how it looked like a regular house...I wanted to move in.



Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful.



Is it weird that I take photos of other people's flowers?



"A rock!"

I need to pick up a bag of some of these big rocks for Michael to play with. Also note the motorcycle in his other hand- he loves them!






I need to get these boys some matching outfits. What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. good for you in having some time out and enjoying yourself. that house is beautiful! i feel for you on those tantrum mornings -- they make the day creep along. i'm glad you made it to the zoo before the downpour.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails