Sunday, October 3, 2010

Fall Pumpkins

I finally got some great pumpkins for our front step. The other day, Michael and I went for a walk around the neighborhood and everyone had their pumpkins out except for me!! Luckily, there is a pumpkin farm on my way home from work and I stopped and got some unusual ones.



I've been trying to take better photos outdoors and I just feel like they always turn out weird. I read something that said to have your subject on the edge of shade so that their face isn't blown out by the sun. I think the first photo turned out pretty good, but then if you notice in the second picture how Michael is in the shade too much and it is way too dark.



Weird, huh? Anyway...happy fall!

1 comment:

  1. i love the white pumpkin -- pretty! we got a few yesterday, too. it may help to bump up the ISO (i go from 400 --> 800) and/or slow down the shutter speed to allow more light into the camera. i think you are doing great work with your new camera :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails