Friday, June 5, 2009

First Day of Summer!

Today is my first day of summer vacation! It was great!!

The day started out with some plant watering and I thought it would be a nice time to take my obligatory plant pictures since it IS summer and all.

Here is pot number one with grass, coleus, sweet potato vine, creeping jenny and a little sedum. I think it will look nice once the grass grows a bit and the coleus fills out.


Close up of the creeping jenny, perhaps one of my favorite plants. So cheery!


Here is pot number two also with grass, coleus and sweet potato vine. You can barely see the coleus but I promise they will grow fast now that it is getting hot out! Also, that grass needs to settle down a bit! It's all floppy.


Activity number 2 on my first day of summer: garage sale-ing! I didn't have too much luck with finding things I wanted to buy, but I did pick up a couple pairs of fuzzy baby jammies for winter and also found this sweet jem for Scott:

You are right folks-- that is like a first edition Hyperlite wakeboard! It even had fins on the bottom like a surf board! I totally wanted to buy it, but it was 30 bucks and I knew it probably sucked so I thought a picture would be just as awesome!

Tonight we also celebrated the end of the year and our principal leaving at a local bar in town. It was a beautiful night and fun to see people cut loose after school is out.

There was a hula hoop contest and one of our teachers won! She donated her sweet prize to our principal and we all signed the back for him to take with him.


Pretty cool huh?

How was your first day of summer?
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Nice wake board! It took me a long time to learn how to get up on one of those. I can get up now- but I have no control. oh well.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails