Wednesday, June 24, 2009

25 weeks

Baby is the size of an eggplant!

Let your spouse put an ear to your belly -- he might be able to pick up baby's heartbeat (no stethoscope required). Inside the womb, the formation of tiny capillaries is giving baby a healthy pink glow. Baby's also soaking up your antibodies, getting the immune system ready for life outside the womb. Eyes are forming, and baby will soon perfect the blink -- perfect for batting those freshly grown lashes.

Yesterday I had my 25 week appointment and everything went well. I passed both my glucose and iron test with flying colors! I was worried about the glucose test, because if you have gestational diabetes sometimes you have to be induced and sometimes inductions can lead to C-sections. So, one less worry off my plate!

Also my weight was up yesterday at the office, but when I stepped on the scale this morning at home it was down 5 lbs. The nurse said most people were higher than usual yesterday due to the high heat and humidity. So, lets hope it stays down!

The OB said next time she'll see me is at 28 weeks and then we will start our 2 week appointments after that. Eek!! We are getting closer!! I still have so much to do!!

I watched the movie The Buisness of Being Born this past weekend on Showtime and it really made me think about what type of delivery I want. I am freaked out that all the interventions they do can lead to a C-section. I'm not saying I want to go totally all natural, but now I am rethinking getting the epidural as soon as I can, trying to labor at home as much as possible, etc. I also have read lots of ladies' birth stories and I realize not matter how much you plan for it, it doesn't always go your way. So I am trusting in God to guide me as to which way he wants his baby to come into this world safely!

1 comment:

  1. How exciting! Getting Big. I am glad your test was ok. thanks for the update.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails