Thursday, April 30, 2009

17 weeks


Week 17

Baby's skeleton is hardening, changing from rubbery cartilage to bone, and fat is finally accumulating around it. The umbilical cord is getting thicker and stronger, and those little fingers and toes are now topped by one-of-a-kind prints.

Cool!

I have been feeling great! I think my tummy is getting bigger, at least it feels like it for me! I've also been having weird eating things going on-like I will feel really full all day but then I will eat and I will feel better? Or I will feel really hungry and then I will eat something and I will feel instantly like way too full. Who knows? Pregnancy is weird.

In some sad news, I have been told my contract won't likely be renewed for next school year. I have been suspecting this for some time now so it wasn't a huge surprise for me. I am mostly sad about leaving my school, my coworkers, and most importantly my students. It is sad that they will just continue on with their music without me. But hopefully I have given them the foundation they need to succeed in their future.

The good news is we can get little BK insured as soon as it's born. There will be no underwriting so there will be no pre-existing conditions on the policy. Sometimes you have to wait two weeks for the baby to be insured, and what happens if they get sick? Is that sickness always uninsured? Like what if it is a lung problem or something? Anyway....some of these things I would never imagine I would be thinking about!!

At any rate, we are feeling very at-peace with the decision!

Till next time...

3 comments:

  1. The pregnancy is moving along so fast! Love the fruit/veggie comparisons :o)

    Sorry about your job, but glad things will be okay with out it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry about the contract. Will you try again at a different school? or take some time be with the babe?

    (Love the pictures of how big the baby is now!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I might take some time off with the baby. There is a chance they might offer me a contract with lesser time, but for right now it is just a waiting game.

    Thanks girls! :o)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails