Sunday, January 25, 2009

Decorating Ledges

Decorating ledges: A Challenge

My house has little ledges built in. These things are so hard to decorate!

I had a moment of inspiration at Christmas, when I wrapped boxes and propped them up on top of the ledges.


But, since taking down my Christmas decor, the blank empty ledges stared at me waiting to be filled with something.

So, this is what I came up with:



One trip to Hobby Lobby on a snowy day yielded a candlestick, vase, basket, and assorted fininals--all for 60% off. (sidenote: I refuse to buy anything at Hobby Lobby that is not marked down, because chances are if it is not marked down this week, it will be next week!).

I love the way it looks, but I still feel like it needs something else.



Although these items are substantial on eye level, they seem to get smaller and smaller the higher they are put up. Optical illusion? Who knows?

So...I am searching for ideas.

My good friend google has not been much help lately.

This is what turned up when I searched for "ledge decoration":

Ah, here is a lovely blank ledge waiting to be decorated. I guess I'm not the only one with decor-block when it comes to these babies.

This one is nice, but it is holiday themed (although taking note of use of glitter trees).

And this one...just not really my style.

So...any ideas?? Anyone else deal with this decorating challenge?

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. Hi Rose! Thanks for stopping by yesterday! The tile is cheapo stuff from Menard's called Classic Tile and the color is Castille Mocha.

    I love what you've done with your ledges, they don't seem like a challenge to you at all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I love Menards...thanks goodness for their Big Card! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great post! I have several ledges in my home and I am at a loss on what to do with them. Thanks for inspiring me!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails