Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Easter


I hope everyone had a great Easter weekend! 

We had a really nice time. It was low key and easy, with time spent together as a family. We got everyone up and out the door early for our church's 7 a.m. sunrise service in hopes of beating crowds and making it easier for the girls since we have only taken them to church a handful of times. It was so nice to be walking into church on Easter Sunday with our whole family with the sun rising in the cool morning. 

The girls did great and so did Michael (usually he has sunday school during the service). The nursery lady even came over to us and asked us if we needed her to take the girls...it must have been a slow morning in the nursery since there were only about 30 people at the service. I think she secretly just wanted to snuggle our sweet babies...they did great and mostly snoozed in their carseats the whole time. 

I especially enjoyed the service at church this year. They showed a montage of video clips of super heros and such dying to save the world or whatever and they kept showing clips from Big Hero 6 of Baymax dying to save his friends and then coming back again as a new robot. It really made me tear up. Holidays will always be hard for our family, even though we realize that great joy often comes through God's grace. It is such a conflict of emotions to be so joyous with the arrival of girls, but yet that joy is always rooted in grief over losing our son. It really struck me as I was cutting into our ham at dinner (random, I know)...wow, remember when I made a big ham before Trace was born and then I used the leftovers to make a ton of freezer meals? In that instant, it felt like yesterday but then I snapped out of it and realized that it was four years ago that I was preparing for his arrival. 

Anyway...

After church, we headed to Village Inn for breakfast and it was also not busy at all but we were there at like 8:30. It was nice to be able to take the girls out with us and enjoy a meal without all the prep and cleanup- it's the little things in life, right? Everyone in the restaurant who walked by just fawned over the girls and even the hostess told every waiter, "hey! did you see these two babies over here??". They did look pretty cute so I guess I can understand. :o) 


The best I got for family photos...not sure how other people do it with all smiling, happy, looking at the camera children? 

After church, we did our egg hunt and Michael had lots of fun collecting eggs from all over the yard. He was way more excited for the eggs that had little toys in them than the ones with candy...Easter Bunny had better take note for next year!



I love baby tights!


My two favorite Easter bunnies! :o) :o) :o) 

(Anna on the left, Brynn on the right)


Anna is getting so good at sitting up all by herself! Brynn is not far behind but usually needs a little help. 

I'm also including my eye coloring pictures in this post...we had lots of fun doing it and now I have a ton of colorful hardboiled eggs to eat in my lunches all week!


Brynn


Anna


Brynn on left, Anna on right. Anna's hair is growing fast and I think it is starting to lighten up a bit. Michael's turned very blonde right around the time he was 9 months old so I'm curious if the girls will do the same!


I hope you all had a blessed Easter weekend as well.  

Thanks for stopping by! 

2 comments:

  1. Good job documenting Easter - you do such a good job of keeping things up to date! Me, not so much ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rose! I found your blog today while browsing Pinterest - I am in the thick of planning my families upcoming (1st!) trip to Disney World. Your recaps were great! I happened click on your home page and noticed that you all welcomed BEAUTIFUL twin girls into your family not too long ago. Amazing to see God's hand at work and how he turned your sorrow into joy. It's evident how much love you pour into your family and strive to give them your all! I hope this little note from a stranger blesses you today - knowing that your light shines through these web pages! I had a blog of my own for nearly 7 years but recently ended it. But I can be found on Instagram under: jessicaatl :) P.S. - Darling Easter photos!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails