Tuesday, August 7, 2012

August

August is here....wow. I can't even believe it. August is always a hard month for me because it means going back to school but even though we are in school there is still a lot of summer left to be had. I feel like my fall doesn't really begin until the first football game of the season(which is just around the corner!). 

Needless to say, we've been trying to soak up every last big of summer including more boating. I feel like that is all I've shared lately but I love it. It just speaks summer to me!

Here's the whole gang: 
Even baby Sophia liked the water! I'm glad her parents are training her early. :o) I can't wait until we can start pulling our kids up on little waterskis!

She even took a nice long snooze on the boat! What a pro!
 
We also had the pleasure of giving the twins their first boat ride experience....it didn't go well! :o( Poor boys! It will be okay, I promise. Michael has done so much better this year on the boat than last year when I think he was pretty terrified, too. 


Thinking about how boating is my true definition of summer, I had to go back to my archives to find some of my favorite photos from our younger boating days. It always amazes me how now we are taking our kids and babies out on the boat instead of our current flings and coolers of beer. :o)

A few of my favorites from 2003. We were so young!

1 comment:

  1. Yay for summer and boating! That's how we (usually) spend our summers, too. And it is glorious!

    Personally, I think school starts back too soon now. I remember when I was a kid, we didn't start until after Labor Day, and that's the last lake holiday, so I was always okay with that! Oh well, I guess things change, right?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails