Tuesday, March 6, 2012

11 things

I was tagged by Leah at martial bless so here goes....

11 random things about me:

1. The number one song played on my ipod is Coldplay's "Fix You".

2. My favorite quote is "Failing to prepare is preparing to fail".... a throwback from my music education course in college but over time I have learned how true it is, in almost ever situation.

3. If I could know the answer to any question beside "What's the meaning of life?" it would be, "Why?".

4. Growing up I wanted to be a babysitter or a mommy and I've wanted to be a band director since I was 16.

5. I love to watch trashy tv shows but I like to watch movies and real books that are meaningful and stay with me.

6. I feel like I have finally joined the rest of society now that I have done a Zumba class and read the Hunger Games.

7. Sometimes when I watch a TV series or read an intense book I feel like their world becomes my world. This happened with Lost, Deadwood, Big Love, and last night I realized how eerily similar "Game of Thrones" is to "The Lion King". It also happened when I watched the Mad Men episode of Betty having her son right before I went to the hospital to have Michael. Is there a name for this? Reality Distortion? I think I have it. :o)

8. The last thing I bought for myself was a haircut....and a coffee, I guess.

9. I have an extremely low tolerance for working out at the Y when it is super busy. It is some sort of weird torture for me. My local (and super non busy) branch has closed for three weeks because of a fire and I'm going to go crazy!!!

10. My favorite candy is M&Ms.

11. I love listening to sports talk radio, pop culture podcasts, and NPR while I'm in the car.


1. What is your favorite holiday?
Christmas, without a doubt. Followed second by Easter (only if it is a nice year when it feels like spring and not snowing!)

2.How would you describe your first kiss?
Uh....unmemorable?

3. Did you go to public or private school?
Public school.

4. Who knows you best?
My husband

5. Hair binder, hair holder, or ponytail holder?
Ponytail holder....a big way to describe a small thing. Sometimes I even opt for calling it a rubber band because yes, I do use actual office supply rubber bands in my hair because I lose them so often.

6. Domestic goddess or wannabe?
Goddess, of course!! :o)

7. What is your favorite pen to write with?
Papermate profile in black. I discovered it when I was waitress-ing and needed good pens that wrote fast.

8. Where is your fast food of poison?
Culvers....so good and yet so so bad.

9. What was the biggest trophy you ever won?
My county fair queen trophy- the thing is huge!

10. What was your favorite grade?
It's a tie between 1st grade (loved learning to read and write) and 1st year of college.

11. Do you like your passport/drivers license picture?
Yes. My passport because I'm 20 and my drivers license because I'm wearing Trace in the ergo carrier in the photo. It is a nice reminder about what life used to be like....wearing or holding my little guy 24/7!

I'm not tagging anyone but feel free to join in if you want! :o) Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails