Wednesday, February 1, 2012

February!

Can I get a woo-hoo for a new month?

Woo hoo!

I am so happy January is over. A new month and fresh calendar pages means we are 31 days closer to SPRING and SUMMER and SUNSHINE and (every mom's dream) PLAYING OUTSIDE!!



I get excited and sad when a new months turns over because it is one more month that we've been without Trace. I get excited because I made it through a whole month (where at the beginning I feel like I couldn't even make it through an hour) but my heart hurts because it means we've been without him for just that much longer. We are closing in on the date where we will have
not had him for longer than we actually had him. My mind barely wraps around it.

---------

Switching gears now....

Micheal loves all things Cars and so when this little set popped up at the consignment store I knew the price was right. At $4.50 it has exceeded its expectations for an afternoon of entertainment and become one of Michael's favorites.







McQueen is a favorite around here for sure and he seems to always be in Michael's hand. He even sleeps with him and kisses him goodnight...it's bad. You know what is really bad? When we lose McQueen. We had an episode yesterday where he was left in Scott's car and we couldn't find him. I think I need backups!!



I love, love, love watching Michael play. The gears are turning away in his head and I would love to jump in there and see whats going on. He is such a sweet boy and I am so thankful every day that I have him in my life. It is such a hard thing to be faced with two of the most powerful emotions every day of my life- joy and anguish. Joy that I have Michael and got to have Trace but anguish that my family is not complete here on Earth.

A person would easily think there could only be one of those emotions at a time but in my life they are both ever present. How can I not be joyful when I am surrounded by my family? But how can I not be anguished knowing that my family isn't complete? It is exhausting.



I'm trying to find a little good in every day to pull me through this crazy things called life and most days it is my sweet Michael....playing with his cars and being his curious self.

1 comment:

  1. Every time you post about Thomas and/or Cars, I can't help but think of how much Maddox and Michael are alike! We have several "backups" for just the situation you describe. :)
    Lindsay

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails