Monday, December 12, 2011

Monday Update




Happy Monday, all. Right now Michael is taking what will hopefully be an extra long nap. The poor boy is just worn out from the weekend and needs to do some catching up. We were busy this weekend. We saw lots of great friends, saw some holiday lights, and even did a little decorating here at our house.

The weather this month has been so wild and crazy. I'm enjoying the mild temperatures and good roads for traveling.



One morning last week the sun was streaming in our window and it was so beautiful. Michael was playing with this little dragonfly plant ornament thing we have and it was kind of like Trace's spirit was with us. I like to think of him as a bird or a butterfly...flying above us and free.

I promised myself I would only talk about good things in this post and so far I am having a hard time thinking of the little good things that have been happening around here although I promise they are happening.

Two months have passed since we lost Trace. I think it is a little hard to believe. Sometimes it seems like the time we had him was like in some sort of dream world and now we are living new lives. I have been having some better days but also some bad days where I cry because my Christmas tree looks so ugly and everything my husband says is the wrong thing (it's not, he's great but I am very emotional).

I've been thinking a lot about little babies lately. Three of our friends have had babies in the last few weeks and I think of them often. Last night we visited a friend with a brand new baby and he was just the sweetest thing. I could have just taken him home with me and kept him forever! ....but please don't worry, I won't really steal your babies or go all "hand that rocks the cradle" on you. It makes me happy to know that even though Trace is gone, there are still sweet little babies being born in the world and life goes on in their new little lives.



And maybe it is Christmas and the coming of the baby Jesus that is making me think so much about new babies. I find myself lingering over the pictures in our Christmas books of the little baby swaddled in the manger and his mother looking at him so lovingly. I feel like that used to be me.

Silent night, holy night
All is calm, all is bright
Round yon Virgin Mother and Child
Holy Infant so tender and mild
Sleep in heavenly peace



Sleep in heavenly peace, Trace.

4 comments:

  1. i happened upon your blog...i am so very very sorry for the loss of your sweet Trace. Our son Christian passed away on Oct. 11th at 7 weeks old. i went back and read some of your posts, and i feel like the stages of grief are definitely similar...you express yourself well. i wish you peace at this holiday time, as i know we want for our family as well. i understand how you are feeling...myhedwig.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rose, such beautiful photos for such emotional thoughts. Sleep sweetly and so peacefully Trace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful photos of your boys.

    I have a post with the exact same lyrics in it, really takes a new meaning, huh.

    xox momma.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not sure if you would be interested in reading another mom's blog about losing her son at 6 months, but I will leave the link.

    http://bissingfamily.com/2011/12/12/conflicting-concepts/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails