Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Two Week Check up

Yesterday Michael and I went out for his second outing ever for his two week check up. We stopped by Scott's office first and Michael met everyone there for the first time. Glen said it made him want to have another baby, and Joe and Larry said it felt like a hundred years since their kids were that little. It was pretty sweet! Joe and Glo also gave us two Aden and Anais muslin swaddling blankets which is a nice gift because it seems like that is the only thing that calms the little guy down right now. I think he is going through a little growth spurt because he will eat, then he will be hungry again, then he will get really fussy, and the only way I can calm him down is if I put him in his "baby straight jacket"-aka, a really tight swaddle. Then he calms down and sleeps until it starts all over again. I have no idea!!



Here we are all ready to go!



At the doctor's office. We had to dress and undress him two times, which is usually Michael's least favorite activity. Luckily, he was a very good baby and didn't fuss at all!

Here are the two week stats:

Weight: 9 lbs 8 oz
Length: 21.8 "
Head: 14.5"

I am so happy he has gained back his birth weight plus some. He seems to be breastfeeding well and always has lots of dirty and wet diapers.

We also had a nice chat with Dr. Ruisch about vaccinations and the flu. She encouraged me to get the H1N1 shot as soon as I can, so I have been stalking the public health website to see when they get more in. I also am looking for the seasonal flu shot too, and I think I can get it at HyVee. Mom and Denise are coming next week for two days so I hope I can slip out of the house then and get that taken care of while they watch Michael. Dr. Ruisch also assured us that she does not think vaccinations cause autism and encouraged us to watch for all the developmental milestones Michael has-as this is the best indicator of an underlying problem.

I was so excited to be out of the house, we took a little detour to Jester Park to check out the fall foliage. I had no idea the trees had already started to turn! (I guess this what happens when you are under house arrest for 2 weeks)

The trees were beautiful!








1 comment:

  1. Awww, he is so cute!

    Trees don't techinically change color here, they are beautiful!

    :o)

    Seeing your little Michael is making me even MORE excited for our gender appointment tomorrow!! :o)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails